Christmas is upon us with such wonderful celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ! As the days seem to fly by, keep your family safe with these lighting and decoration safety tips as you prepare for the seasonal festivities around the home:
- Be sure to use Indoor or Outdoor Lights in the correct environment. Most are identifiable by the label.
- After checking Outdoor Lights for loose connections, frayed or bare wire, and broken sockets to avoid any fires, secure all strands safely to trees or the house as a preventative measure against wind damage.
- No more than three sets of standard size lights should be used with any single extension cord. Check and compare amp and voltage capacities in the breaker if you’re unsure of how much capacity the outlet can handle.
- Most artificial Christmas trees are fire resistant (see label), while real pine trees have more fire hazard risk as they become dry.
- When purchasing a real tree, check that it is green, has fresh needles which are hard to pull or shake off, bendable needles that do not break, and a sticky resin present upon the trunk.
- Place the real or artificial tree away from radiators or fireplaces, and away from high-traffic areas, including doors.
- Never use real lighted candles on any tree, and be sure to keep matches, lighters, and candles away from children’s reach.
Hopefully these quick lighting and decorations safety tips for around the home will make your Christmas holiday brighter and merry! Find more holiday safety tips from The Home Fax™ by checking out these 4 Holiday Safety Tips & Touch-ups for Around the Home.
Please remember the reason for the season:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 (KJV)
Merry Christmas to all!